Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Let's talk about my obsession...

...with the Olympics. Seriously. I knew it was bad, but I always forget how bad I am about it. I'm not sure where it stems from. I vaguely recall watching some of the Nagano Games. But I think this all started back in college during the Salt Lake Games. Because instead of doing homework, studying, or I don't know...drinking beer....we were sitting on our butts watching every.single.olympic.event. Curling became our new obsession. I think we even watched the biathlon. Then Torino happened. Torino is the reason James and I don't have a TV in our bedroom anymore. I stayed up all night watching all things Olympics. And you know they have stuff on at 3am. Needless to say the TV disappeared and my dreams of watching the Olympics in HD from my comfy bed went with it. Instead I watch them in HD from the comfort of my couch. With a Pepsi Throwback in hand. But I am limiting myself to watching what is on during prime time. I can not get sucked in to the all day events. Especially since I can work from home if I want. Nothing would get done. But I'm still checking the MSNBC Olympics page during the day. I'm not totally crazy.

No comments: